How to begin your child's journey...
At Our Own Dubai, we aim to maintain a trouble-free, straightforward, and hassle-free admissions process whilst ensuring we operate in adherence to the Ministry of Private Education’s regulations and the GEMS admissions policy. Our classes are mixed through for boys and girls from Kindergarten to Grade 4 and then only for girls from Grades 5 to 12.
If you’re interested in enrolling your child in Our Own Dubai, please follow the steps below. If you require any additional information, or have any questions regarding the admissions process, please contact us.
The first stage of the admissions process is online registration, which takes place in November of each year. Parents seeking admission for their children must register their interest online by filling the Student Registration form.
GEMS Our Own English High School will then notify the parent of the availability of seats within the required grade.
For admission to KG1
Students registering for the 2018-2019 academic year must be 4 years old by 31.07.2018.
For admission to Grade 1
Children must be in school by the age of 6, when they will be admitted into Grade 1.
Please submit the following documentation with the student’s application form:
- 4 copies of the student's passport with valid visa for the UAE.
- 5 recent photographs of the child - size (6x4) cm.
- 3 photocopies of the birth certificate in English or Arabic (please also attach the original for verification).
- Photocopy of the mark sheet of the last examination passed at the previous school (this is required for students coming from Grade 1 and above).
- Original vaccination card and a copy.
- The original Emirates ID cards of the child and the parents, and a copy of each. The original Emirates ID will be returned immediately after it has been scanned.
- Students seeking admission to the school from Grade 2 and above are required to submit the original Transfer Certificate/School Leaving Certificate of the school last attended, duly attested as per the guidelines given below:
For students coming from India:
- The original Transfer Certificate has to be verified by the Education officer of the Zone/District/Area, from where the T.C has been obtained. For ICSE and CBSE students the T.C. is to be attested from their respective boards.
- The seal and signature of the Education Officer has to be attested by the Indian Consulate in Dubai.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dubai/Sharjah-UAE to further attest the T.C.
For students coming from Gulf Countries other than the UAE & Oman, the Transfer Certificate is to be attested as given below:
- The original Transfer Certificate has to be attested by the Indian Consulate in that country.
- The Transfer Certificate has to be verified by the Local Education Ministry of that country.
- The Transfer Certificate has to be attested by the External Affairs Ministry of that particular country.
- The U.A.E. Consulate or Embassy in that particular country has to attest it.
For students coming from Oman:
All the above attestation excluding (No. 2) to be completed.
- Students coming from other emirates within the UAE are required to submit the original Transfer Certificate/School Leaving Certificate of the school last attended, duly attested by the Ministry of Education of that emirate.
- Students coming from schools in Dubai have to apply for the Transfer Certificate from the previous school and it will be transferred online.
- All admissions from KG to Grade XII done after 15th June require a studying/discontinued T.C. which is valid for only 30 days from the last date of attendance. All attestations remain the same as above.