If you are interested in enrolling your child in GEMS Our Own Dubai, please follow the steps below. If you require any additional information, or have any questions regarding the admission process, please contact us.
The first stage of the admissions process is online registration, which takes place in October of each year. Parents seeking admission for their children must register their interest online by filling in the Student Registration form.
Students will have to complete 4 years of age as on 31st March of the year for them to be admitted into KG1.
Students will have to complete the 6 years of age, as on by 31st March of the year to be admitted into Grade 1.
The following documents must be submitted along with the student’s application form:
- 4 photocopies of the student's passport with valid UAE Visa.
- 5 recent photographs of the student: size - 6x4 cm.
- 3 photocopies of the student’s Birth Certificate in English or Arabic (Attach the original for verification).
- 1 copy of the Emirates ID of the child and the parents.
- Photocopy of the mark sheet of the last examination passed at the previous school (Applicable for admission to Grade 1 and above).
- Original vaccination card and one photocopy of the same.
- The original Emirates ID cards of the student and the parents, and one photocopy of each. The original Emirates ID will be returned immediately after it has been scanned.
- Students seeking admission to the school from Grade 2 and above are required to submit the original Transfer Certificate/School Leaving Certificate of the school last attended, duly attested as per the guidelines given below.
For students coming from India
- The original Transfer Certificate (T.C) has to be verified by the Local Education Authority from where the T.C has been obtained.
- The seal and signature of the Education Officer has to be attested by the Indian Consulate in Dubai.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dubai/Sharjah-UAE to further attest the T.C.
For students coming from Gulf Countries other than the UAE & Oman
- The original Transfer Certificate has to be attested by the Indian Consulate in that country.
- The Transfer Certificate has to be verified by the Local Education Ministry of that country.
- The Transfer Certificate has to be attested by the External Affairs Ministry of that particular country.
- The U.A.E. Consulate or Embassy in that particular country has to attest it.
For students coming from Oman
All the above attestations excluding No. 2 to be completed.
- Students coming from other emirates within the UAE are required to submit the original Transfer Certificate/School Leaving Certificate of the school last attended, duly attested by the Ministry of Education of that emirate.
- Students coming from schools in Dubai have to apply for the Transfer Certificate from the previous school and it will be transferred online.
- All admissions from KG to Grade XII done after 15th June require a studying/ discontinued T.C. which is valid for only 30 days from the last date of attendance. All attestations remain the same as above.