Children’s training in the early years goes a long way towards preparing them for academic and life tasks they are required to master later. We expose our Kindergarteners to rich experiences in learning that prepare them well for years of schooling that lie ahead.
Our Kindergarten Programme focuses on creating a secure, stimulating, and nurturing learning environment, in which our students can develop through structured play activities, practical art and craft, games, interaction, and imaginative play.
Intellectual growth is also encouraged through sharing stories and discussion, writing, number games, observation, and scientific experiences. Throughout the Kindergarten stage, we keep our parents closely involved and assessment is conducted throughout the year.
Features of the Curriculum
- A Thematic Integrated Approach.
- Clear ‘early learning goals’ from EYFS.
- First-hand, concrete, age appropriate, relevant multi-sensorial learning experiences based on their fundamental and developmental needs.
- Activity based and skill-oriented learning.
- Physical/Motor skills
- Personal, Social, Emotional skills
- Language skills
- Numeracy skills
- Creative skills
- Knowledge & Understanding of the world
- Play-based, hands-on and experiential learning
Curriculum Enrichment Activities
- ‘KLAP’ – The Kinder Learning Assistance Programme to help bridge learning gaps
- Annual concert & Sports Day
- Field Trips
- Arabic Language sessions
- After Class Enrichment Activities (during regular school, from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.)
- The Bumble Bees Programme - opportunities to develop various interests and abilities
Unique Innovative Programmes/Facilities
- Learning Corners to provide opportunities for free flow play
- Play Park, Traffic Park, Sand Play Area
- Creative Art Corner