Grade 1 to 4
The Primary section aims at the holistic development of students through joyful learning methods that extend learning beyond the classroom.
Students are guided and trained to acquire 21st Century Learning Skills. They are exposed to challenging and differentiated learning experiences which nurture critical thinking and problem-solving skills. During Primary School, we embrace the students’ innate inquisitive nature in order to develop their basic skills through first-hand experiences. Students are encouraged to question, explore, apply, and test what they know, whilst treating each other with respect and developing the beginnings of social etiquette.
The wide range of extra-curricular activities and wellness programmes create an enthusiastic and happy learning environment in the primary classrooms.
Features of the Curriculum
- Provides a fine balance of scholastic and co-scholastic skills
- Skill-based, child-centered and experiential
- Structured progression of scholastic skills for smooth transition
- Meets the National Agenda targets and complies with the statutory requirements of CBSE and MOE
- Promotes independent learning & learning beyond the classroom
- Meets individual needs & offers appropriate challenge
Options for Second Language
The school follows a policy on change of second language. Request for change in second language will be considered only up to Grade 2. No changes will be allowed in Grade 3 and above.
Curriculum Enrichment Activities
- Sports Fiesta
- Harmony – A Musical Extravaganza
- English Elocution
- Qirat competitions
- Ramadan Challenge
- Artistic Expression
- Math & Sciensational Fair
- Our Own Challengers - General Knowledge Quiz
- Pret A Picture
- Reading Literacy Programme
- Field Trips
- Athletic Meet
- Talent Hunt
- Wellness Programme - Happiness Challenge
- Primary Patch – Organic Farming
- Remedial Programme
- PE, Music, Art & Craft, ICT and Library
- Niche Activities - student-led thematic activities to extend learning beyond the classroom.
- Research & Design activities
- Afternoon Enrichment Programme on regular school days from 2:00 p.m. – 3: 45 p.m.
- Music, Dance, Athletics, Aerobics, Sports Activities, Art, Public Speaking etc. for students of Grades 3 & 4 only.
Unique Innovative Programmes
- Budding Authors Programme
- Word Whistle
- Hello Math Champ
- Science Word Power Challenge
- Scientist in Me
- Little Entrepreneurs
- Mind Blogger
- Primary Olympiad
- Science Gallery
Appreciation and Awards
- Commendation Certificate for Academic Excellence
- Appreciation Certificate
- Star of the Section – Singing, Art, English Elocution and Creative Writing
- General Proficiency for Academic Excellence (Grade 4)
- All Rounder Award (Grade 4)