Grades 5 to 8
The Middle School serves as a catalyst in students’ personal growth enabling them to become active, productive and reflective participants in the society. The unique synergy between scholastic and co-scholastic opportunities empowers students to build essential life skills and propels them to be self-directed problem solvers and decision makers.
A pervasive listening culture and open-door policy to address adolescent concerns and issues forges strong, supportive relationships in a safe and more inclusive environment.
The Middle School Curriculum seeks to produce confident, competent learners through the development of learning communities, the stimulation of student/faculty discussions, and the encouragement of electronic exchanges.
Features of the Curriculum
- Inspires students to be creative, vibrant and dynamic.
- Complies with statutory NCERT requirements, CBSE framework & KHDA/MOE directives
- Promotes moral, cultural, social and physical development of young adolescents.
- Strives to develop the 4Cs - Collaboration, Communication, Creativity and Critical thinking.
Second Language Options
Curriculum Enrichment Activities
- English and Science Clubs
- Mind Boggler
- Math Challenge Corner
- Artist of the Week / Artistic Expressions
- Arabic Password of the Week
- Super Reading Sunday
- Pret A Picture
- Mathemagical Monday
- Tech /Tasty Tuesday Talks
- Whizbang / Wellness Wednesdays
- Talent Thursday / Thursday Unplugged
- Middle School Choir
- English ‘Just-a-Minute’ and Elocution
- Arabic Recitation & Arabic Spell Bee
- Islamic Qirat and ‘Just-a-Minute’
- Our Own Challengers – General Knowledge Quiz
- Niche Activities - student-led thematic activities to extend learning beyond the classroom
- Research & Design activities
Afternoon Enrichment Programme
On regular school days from 2:00 p.m. – 3: 45 p.m.
- Sports Activities
- Public Speaking etc.
Unique Innovative Programmes
- Our Own Farms - sustainable farming projects’- Aquaponics, Hydroponics & Our Own Blossoms
- Girl Guides
- EPWS - Experience a Profession While in School - specially designed for the students of Grade 8
- A Genius Within – A unique programme for high achievers
- e4Enrichment Challenge– a differentiated learning programme
- Digital Workstations
- CBSE approved Skill Courses for Grades 6-8 – Financial Literacy, Design Thinking & Mass Media
Appreciation and Awards
- Commendation Certificates for Academic Excellence
- ACE Scholar Badges for Academic Excellence
- Proficiency Prizes
- All Rounder Award
- Sports Champion
- Co-curricular Champion